Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Humility, Honor, Respect


Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, ‘God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.'”1 Peter 5:5
Humility, honor, and respect can all be lumped together when speaking of those who are younger being kind and respectful to their elders. In this self sufficient time it may be easy to put ‘self’ out in front. 
Older people who have been there, done that, got the tee shirt so to speak are worth talking to and learning from. If you are in your 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s don’t be so quick to write off those above 50. There is so much wisdom to be gained from their experiences and work. 
When it comes to humility do you seek the glory or do you give credit to God who makes all things possible. Just something to ponder.
PRAYER: Oh Lord I know in the past I may have shown dishonor or disrespect to those who I thought were ‘old’ forgive me. Also Lord when I do something help me not seek my own glory and fame but know it is you who has given me power to do what I do. Help me remember that inside of every person who looks old or elderly is a young person screaming to be loved, cherished, and respected. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. A very good essay. Back in the day,(50s-60s) we were taught to respect our elders. Somehow, this feature of education got tossed out the window. Such a shame it did.

    ReplyDelete