Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Who Is Resting...This Is Heaven!



“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9

The typical thing you hear at funerals is that the deceased is being laid to rest. First that is the lifeless shell of the person being laid to rest in a box in the ground because I doubt there are bunches of people in Heaven just resting. I bet they are so involved and joyous and that there is plenty of activity.

I mean no disrespect to any, and that would be all of us, who have lost friends or family members but our finite minds really can’t comprehend what the Heavenly kingdom is like. Things are said like they turn into angels by ‘getting their wings’ and much of what is said is the humans idea of what is next after this life. For the believer it is ushered in a twinkling of an eye into Heaven. Are there pearly gates, I really don’t know. Some picture heaven being boring. My friend Jesus is anything but boring. 

Do you beyond a shadow of a doubt know if you breathed your last breath today you would be with the Lord? Being a church member, being religious, baptism at birth or baptism later, a member of ‘the only’ true denomination are not entrance tickets to Heaven. Asking Jesus simply to come into your heart and change you, that’s it. Pretty simple. Are you ready? 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I pray for those who think their way is the way and scoff at others. I pray for those I know whose spiritual candle is not burning like it used to. I pray you will use me Lord to help others come to know you and have assurance of Heaven some day. The alternative is not at all nice. Help me show love and realize all have sinned at one time or another and have fallen short of God’s glory. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment