Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 23, 2019

Recover, Reconstruct, Restore



Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Psalm 51:12

Do you ever feel you need a permanent retreat of sorts to just get back on track and get your life and thoughts straightened out? Life today with the status symbol of ‘busy’ being ‘cool’ can send even the most sane stable person into a tizzy. 

Perhaps it is time even in the midst of the craziness of ‘supposedly’ celebrating Jesus birth to take stock of where you are at and what you need to do to get on a different path and change a few things. ‘Be yourself everyone else is taken’ is a sign I have hanging in my kitchen. I challenge you to be yourself, listen to God, and above all make time for him. Be still, turn off the noise in your life. Put your phone away and better yet turn it off. “But I might miss a call”, so what if you do? The earth will keep spinning. 

Remember this is the season of peace on Earth good will to men, not seeing how many social engagements you can attend or how many cookies you are going to bake. Last time I checked those were not required to celebrate the birth of the Christ child. Be still and have a blessed day. 

PRAYER: I love you Lord and I confess I am guilty of occasionally stepping onto the treadmill of life knowing I don’t really need to be doing half the stuff I am. I pray for those who may need help recognizing they need to chill and be still and enjoy the real meaning of this season. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment