Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Him Not You



"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD”. Isaiah 55:8

We are living in a me centered generation with selfies, Facebook, and self promotion. When it come to God Almighty He is first. I doubt he would be stopping all the time capturing selfies of Himself at The Jordan River and The Temple Mount and other places. Sounds comical but trying to make a point. 

When it comes to praying you have to remember God is not a genie or a cake where we wish and blow out the candles. Its not about what you want it is about what He wants. Sure the Bible says He will give you the desires of your heart but His plans supersede yours. Then why pray? Because he wants to hear from you. He is a jealous God and wants your love and devotion. 

Is God really first place in your life? If I asked the question “if you were arrested for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you” what would the answer be? Think about that and then make changes as necessary to get closer to be wholly devoted child of God. 

PRAYER: Thank you for the opportunity to live in a free nation and declare my love for Jesus and God openly without fear of punishment. I continue to pray for more people to come to know Jesus as savior and leave the church they are in if they are not growing and it is more out of duty than love. I pray you will use me to draw others closer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment