Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Spend Time With Your Friends



Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. James 4:8
I don’t know about you but I love my friends near and far and love spending time with them. It is only through spending time that you get to know someone. Our new digital world cause many impersonal challenges for getting together. Anyway you have to make time for people to truly know them.

This gets me to today’s point and that is getting to know Jesus. Doing the ‘Sunday thing’ is admirable but if that is where it ends and you spend no time in prayer and Bible reading your relationship will not be that great. It is essential to know Jesus on a deep intimate level by daily time with Him just like you would do your spouse or a close friend. With no time with them your relationship would soon crumble. 
So do you need to make some adjustments when it comes to getting to know Jesus better? Are you mad at this so called ‘religion’ because of disappointments or hurts in the past? My friend that is the enemy working to keep you away from the Saviour and a close relationships. Life is going to have trials and disappointments but when you run away from God you are running straight to the enemies camp. Ponder that for a moment. To know Jesus you spend time and make time.

PRAYER: Father God I am thankful that I live in a country whose government currently is God friendly and I can openly carry and read my Bible. Many do not have this privilege in other places. Help me daily make time and I pray for those close to me I know who are drifting and complacent that you would draw them back to you. In Jesus’ name. Amen..

Note: Click link below to listen to a mighty song of praise.
https://youtu.be/IdJBYyNsQd0

No comments:

Post a Comment