Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Some Day I.....



"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. Matthew 6:2

Have you caught yourself saying the phrase above which is today’s title? “Some day I am going to go visit a nursing home” or “some day I want to hand out care packages in a homeless camp” or “some day I want to pay for the groceries of a needy person”.

Today is the ‘some day’ so what is holding you back?  If you need courage to take the first step pray for courage and boldness.
Pray for open doors and opportunities.Pray for favor to be directed to the right places. 

 Anytime you do a good deed to bless someone keep it to yourself. What is the reason to do good things anyway? Not to brag but because the Holy Spirit directed you to do so. Let the Holy Spirit direct you and be blessed to be a blessing. 

PRAYER: Father open doors for me to show kindness and love and doing it not expecting a single thing. Where courage is needed I pray for that. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 


Note: Idea for title from Senior Pastor Chris Hodges, Church of the Highlands, Birmingham, AL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment