Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

This Little Light of Mine


 “If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." Mark 8:38

Do you remember the children’s song “This Little Light of mine”? It is a great song to teach to your children and grandchildren because I guarantee you it will stick with them and it packs a powerful message.

 "Under a bushel basket , NO! Won’t let Satan blow it out, I’m gonna let it shine." Do you let your little light shine? Is it glowing or barely an ember or has it gone entirely out? You need to fan the embers and get it roaring again. You are to be the light of the world and shine for Jesus wherever you are.

There are some who may feel what they call ‘religion’ is a private matter and first I say what is religion? I am not religious but I love the Lord. If you are afraid to talk about Jesus then maybe it is time to get a fire going or fan the embers again. Get rid of religion and step into the marvelous light of Jesus!

PRAYER: Lord God help me as I seek to let my Little Light shine wherever I go each day. Help me to remember to shine it at home, at the grocery, at the gas station, in the coffee shop, and not just when at church. I know you want me to share the light of Christ with others. Help me not let Satan cause me to be a coward. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment