Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Misspoken Words And Friendships



All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. James 3:7-8

Oh how easy it is to be misunderstood and to offend someone. The mouth pops open, words are said, misunderstandings occur, and hurt feelings commence. I have been through it and experiencing it now as a matter of fact.

Conversation happens and something is misunderstood or taken the wrong way and then you dig and dig and dig and can’t seem to get back into the circle of trust so to speak. Satan loves it. If only people could talk and work out their differences but human nature wants to prove things, hurt people, and win.

Why can’t we act like Christians? Really! Don’t try to be right. Learn to blow things off. Just try to think more before speaking or let your words be few. The tongue is a deadly weapon more-so sometimes than a gun. It hurts people terribly and breaks up relationships. It is time to do your part in healing and pray for those on the other side to do the same. No one needs to be ugly. There are all sorts of personalities in the world and they sometimes clash but be kind.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I feel sick in my stomach when I open my mouth and what I say is misunderstood it creates unintended division. I pray for healing for any divisions that have occurred over misspoken words. I pray for soft hearts. I pray for restored relationships. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment