Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Under His Wings


He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4

I have had the pleasure of being able to witness the hatching of three tiny bird eggs in a nest in one of our front bushes. Through my dining room window I have witnessed the mother bird fly in and feed worms to her young and also completely cover them with her body and wings. These babies will be incapable of flying on their own for a couple weeks so the mother is watching and protecting them until they leave the nest.

God is like that with us. Once we leave his protection by our own choice powers of darkness can envelope us if we are not careful. A human mother can protect her babies and children but once they have ‘left the nest’ hopefully the things taught will ‘stick’ but in many cases they are forgotten or wrong friendships lead them astray.

You can still cover your children with the wings of prayer. Picture yourself putting your wings of prayer over your children, grandchildren, and future children and grandchildren. God cares and hears you. Your prayers work even though you may not feel as if they are doing much. Don’t cave in and fly away from the nest. Keep praying.

PRAYER: Father I thank you for your constant protection even when I have chosen to ignore you and do my own thing. I thank you for your protection for my family. I will not lose hope. I will not listen to Satan’s lies. You are Lord and you protect me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

#momsinprayerinternational

No comments:

Post a Comment