Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 27, 2019

Respect...Shouldn’t Be Lost



 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13

As I sit at Fox Army Pharmacy waiting for prescriptions many of the retired men don caps saying “World War 2..Proudly Served” or “Vietnam Vet” or “US Marine Corps”. There are many more. It makes me proud first to be part of the Armed Forces community but makes me smile to see these individuals who have no doubt endured combat and lived to be able to wear the cap.

If you are a parent of a young school student be sure to instill in them respect for their elders but especially respect for those who served our nation so we could enjoy freedom. The past several years we have lived as spoiled brats with no real hardship like some of our parents endured in The Great Depression. We are only one generation away from losing our freedom if not vigilant to elect the right leaders and keep a strong military.

Instead of going out to buy a new mattress at a Memorial Day sale why not stop and pay your respects to our fallen. Think about what freedom really means and if possible visit a military cemetery to pay your respects. Freedom is truly not free.

PRAYER: Father I am grateful for those who made the ultimate sacrifice and are often disrespected and ridiculed even by those in our own nation. Help parents teach their children what this day is all about. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Your message is very poignant. Yes we have behaved like spoiled children as we go about our lives. I personally prefer NOT to attend sales on Memorial Day, 4th of July, or on Veteran's Day.We have too much 'stuff' compared to how I was brought up. My son works for the VA. My husband is a Vietnam Era Navy Veteran, My dad served in the USMC during WW 2 and the Korean War. My grandpa was in the ARMY during WW 1.

    ReplyDelete