Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

You Gotta Practice


Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6
A medical doctor is said to ‘practice’ medicine. This means he is constantly using his or her many years of skills and learning and getting better. I have a Ukele at home a friend gave me and trying to learn to play it but it won’t just happen if I don’t make the effort to pick it up and practice.

Similarly you can ‘practice’ being a Christian but you really have to put some hands, feet, and heart into it for it to take wings and make a difference. Simply saying you are a Christian maybe cause you were born in America, or your parents took you to church as a child, or you belong to a particular ‘surefire’ denomination does not mean you love Jesus and want to be all in.

Check your heart right now and your attitudes.  Do you love Jesus or just a religion? Something to ponder. Now go and be blessed!

PRAYER: I love you Lord but remember a time when I was just a ‘religious’ person and serving you meant little. I am very thankful to be alive in Christ and pray for those I know who may need this born again experience. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments: