Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Denominations In Heaven?

“But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.“ Titus 3:9
To an unchurched person we must look pretty silly in the 'church' community having all these different buildings and different denominations. It is my firm belief that there will not be a bunch of denominations in heaven. Now there are a couple of these denominations who have felt like theirs was the only one that would get you into the heavenly kingdom. I am not talking cult churches but mainstream Christian churches who perhaps are a tad arrogant thinking their way or the highway. Basically it is ‘Jesus way’ as told in his Bible. Man has gone in and interpreted it in different ways and added to or taken away to come up with churches people can be comfortable in.
Do not dare raise your arms up when the song says "I lift my hands up to the Lord' in some churches. If you do not read out of a certain book in other churches that is bad. Oh now the membership thing. I do not see that in my Bible anywhere yet many churches or Christian organizations want you to be a 'member' to legitimize your service. Don't get me started on baptism as that is a whole new ballgame. Dunk, sprinkle or pour. My gosh. What if you were at a Revival and accepted Jesus and got killed going home from the revival, do you think Jesus is going to say "Nope you can not come in my kingdom. You were never baptized." And then there is the baby thing versus knowing what you are doing. You see what I mean. It is better to believe the Bible and leave the doctrinal wars on the doorstep. I feel that is why there is a huge non denominational movement these days where worshippers can worship God in 'spirit and in truth." Even some of the more formal denominations frown on these type churches as people may be in shorts, sporting tattoos, drinking coffee in the sanctuary and a host of other informal things. I say 'so what." Is your heart sold out to the Lord? 

So when that trumpet sounds or when God calls you home one day I am pretty sure you don’t have to show your membership card or affiliation and there will probably be many who love Jesus but never went to church. Not your job to judge but to simply love, pray, and mind your own business. Just saying.

PRAYER: Lord man many times makes up rules of what is right and wrong in church without reading the word and showing love and grace. Help me love others, share your love with those who my be wandering and leave the rest to you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Note: The attached song may be a few years old but listen to the words. It makes a very good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment