Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

In The Trenches

“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.” Matthew 6:2-3

It is easy to sit in church hearing sermons about helping others but do you really do it? Do you avoid the beggar on the corner? Do you let someone else volunteer for jobs at a shelter or mission? The sermon is good but it is necessary to go beyond the message and get in the trenches.

Not everyone is going to be able to go on an overseas mission but there are many hurting people in your own community, some obvious and some not so obvious. When you do ‘get your hands dirty’ try to  be quiet about it and not say “look at me how good I am” and you will be much more blessed.

So your job first is to pray, then ask God to open up opportunities and then be prepared. You were meant to be a blessing.

PRAYER: Father open my eyes to hurting people around me and prepare my heart to be able to help. Thank you for sending your ‘angels’ to help me at times also. I know I reap what I sow. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment