Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 5, 2018

No Video Signal


Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4
Recently I woke up and wanted to watch one of my favorite Christian programs to start my day that being Paul Daugherty followed by Joyce Meyer. One TV was totally dead and the other I could not get the satellite signal to function. So here I am maybe forced to not suck on the ‘baby bottle’ of Christian TV and instead feed myself from the word. Hmmm. Interesting huh?

Technology can often trap us. Being so dependent upon a ‘connection’ that one can become annoyed when they are unable to stream video, chat, check status of friends etc. Actually a vacation from connectivity may be just what the doctor ordered. Not just TV but try not looking at your phone and see if you can do it for say three hours. Granted some who work need to.

Today get your Bible out, the paper kind, and read whatever Psalm and Proverb corresponds to the date so  Psalm 5 and Proverbs 5 then stop and meditate on what they mean. Take notes. Say a prayer. Get real without the help of being ‘tuned in’.

PRAYER: It is a blessing sometimes when I lose my dependency on technology. Help me Lord learn to tune into your word first each day. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment: