Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 2, 2018

Junk Food


Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35
If you are not careful when you travel it can become very easy to load up on junk food, high in calories, but low in nutritional value. Donuts, cookies, soda pop, sweet tea, candy, potato chips. None of it will help you maintain healthy weight and in long run are not the best choices.

‘Junk food’ you can take into your mind instead of a daily dose of God’s Word would be movie star magazines, tabloids, daily newspaper, novels, just anything that really has no edifying value. It can create wrong thinking and does little to grow you up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Does your mind need to be purged of ‘junk’ and filled up on Jesus instead?

PRAYER: It is so easy to get caught up in innocent magazines reading about everyone’s life, or get upset over a news story. I want to pursue peace and joy and give you equal time Lord. Convict me of what I need to let go of. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment