Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Sarcasm 101





It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel. Proverbs 20:3
How do you respond when someone is sarcastic to you? I am sure you have had some one dish it out sometime in your life. You probably just need to let it go and not enter into debate or getting the final word. 
First don’t lash back and stoop to the level of person making ugly comment. Someone recently was sarcastic to me on my blog about my writing with a cutting remark. Ouch. I could choose to engage in dialogue or pray for the person and let things go. The latter is the wisest choice. Being ugly with your tongue is not a good trait. Some folks may not even know they are sarcastic.

Each of us needs to be very careful with what we say. Your mouth and words can get you into a heap of trouble. Being still is the key. Hard to do as yours truly knows but necessary to develop the ability to. Our words should build up not tear down. Your mouth should cheer others up, not ridicule them.

Who can you say something kind to today?

PRAYER: Lord you gave me the ability to speak with wisdom and the ability to forgive. Help me do both and learn to be careful with what I say. Let my speech be seasoned with salt like it says in scripture. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment