Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 23, 2018

Going Beyond

If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Matthew 5:41

I love the store chain Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They have so many cute and interesting things. I especially like the ‘Beyond’ in the title meaning  whatever they want it to mean. Made me think of my walk with Christ if I want and choose to go ‘beyond’ or am perfectly content with the status quo.

It is easy to fit some Sunday mold and do what you think is necessary to win admittance into the heavenly kingdom but life with Jesus is more than checking off blocks of spiritual duty or fitting a particular mold for a selected denomination. It is desire to serve Him not feeling obligated. It is desire to worship Him all the time. It is desire to meet a need if you can and not share it with everyone to feel good about yourself. It is going beyond the norm or expected and being a child of God and loving it!

Are you going ‘beyond’ in your walk with Christ?

PRAYER: Oh Lord I love being in your presence on Sunday but it does not end there. I want to go beyond what is expected. Bring opportunities for that to happen. Also I pray for those in my circle of influence who are content where they are. Make them uncomfortable and help them want more of you in their lives. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment