Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 16, 2018

Break Camp

Cast all your anxiety on him for he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

For anyone who has ever gone camping once the camping is done you break camp or in other words take down the tents and put your gear away and get ready to go back home. You can’t keep camping out. 

At the gym I go to, in the weight room there is a sign that says “no camping out”.  In other words you don’t stay on one piece of equipment but you move on so as to respect others wanting to use it as well. Likewise you need to stop ‘camping out’ with your problems once you have given them to God. As today’s verse says you want to ‘cast’ or throw your cares onto the Lord. You pray so why not relax and trust He hears you? Waking up fretful every day shows a lack of faith in the Almighty.  Worry will just make you sick. 

What has you weighed down today? Trust and obey and ‘break camp’ after you have given it to God. 

PRAYER: I know that many times I can’t seem to believe that you hear me Lord yet I know you do. I know the enemy is the one trying to get me to ‘camp’ on my fears. I choose to break camp. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment