Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Down Time



After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 1 Kings 19:12

Do you allow yourself time to sit and do nothing or are you constantly on the go? When you are always filling up your schedule with no down time usually what suffers is your quiet time with the Lord. I know it happens to me. 

Being constantly busy is very detrimental to maintaining a healthy spiritual life. Obviously those who work 40 hours or more have to find creative ways to establish a quiet time but it can be done. Many times in the Bible we are told to be still. Being still is essential and a key to hearing from God. 

How are you going to make some down time this week? 

PRAYER: I hear you speak to me in your word when I turn off all the noise. I pray for those who have work schedules that they don’t neglect reading your word. I realize the enemy wants me to get busy then Jesus doesn’t get first place. I choose to make time to be still. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment