Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Your 'Job' Friends



One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.Proverbs 18:24

You may recall in the book of Job in the New Testament, Job was greatly tested to see his allegiance to God. If you have never read this account take some time and read this book. In Job 19:19 it says "All my intimate friends detest me; those I love have turned against me."

I have 'been there, done that, got the tee shirt' as the saying goes and it is not fun. It is very confusing particularly when you are clueless as to what brought it on. Indeed you do learn from bad situations in your life although they are devastating to endure.

If you have been shut out by a close friend first and foremost pray for this person. You may be angry, and confused. Think about Jesus when he was betrayed. How He must have hurt. Cling to God and He will get you through these times.

PRAYER: Lord I can't control other people and what they do but I can pray. Help me never be hateful when I am rejected but to remain steadfast in prayer. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment