Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Patience With Rude People

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice. Ephesians 4:31
Okay here is your test for today. You may know how to act and have manners but increasingly in this technological society even we slightly older people at times don't have proper manners. Parents, train your children there is a time and a place for cell phone usage and those little devices can be down right rude. As I found a cute little coffee shop to settle into to write one afternoon a man in the corner proceeded to make four phone calls each time speaking very loudly. It was very difficult to concentrate but yet here I am "Mrs Devotion Writer" trying to display patience, love, and understanding even when people should know to take their calls outside. 

Whatever situation you find yourself in that tests your patience that is exactly what you are to do is to get that 'test' and pass it. To do this you need to stay clam, cool, and collected and realize no one is perfect, not  even you. To turn around and scowl would be downright ugly and unChristlike. I remember once my cell phone rang in church. I normally never carry it in church but that particular day it was not only in my purse but turned on! And it rang very loud during the sermon of all times. It was an accident but I sure got scowled at. 

My friend,  there are many situations in life that will test us. Believers are supposed to be different and if we get all angry and grumpy then what good is that? It snuffs your spiritual light right out. 

PRAYER: There are all kinds of people in the world and even in my own country many personalities exists. Help me be kind, understanding, and loving to everyone you put in my path because I may be the only person who loves Jesus they ever come in contact with. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I have been in services where someone's phone went off. The person at the pulpit said,"That could be God calling." We all chuckled. You are right,they can be a nuisance and we do have to learn courtesy for this technological world we in which we live.

    ReplyDelete