Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

No More Tears




For  to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; Philippians 1:21-23
Today I write this devotion with a heavy heart at the recent death of a special lady and friend. She is now out of pain and in her Heavenly home. When someone dies and knows Christ it is sad but it is more of a celebration Home going. For those left behind to grieve though there remains a sadness and a deep hole that will take a while to heal. 

Death will come to everyone and at different ages. This particular friend lost her son in a tragic accident when he was only 18. The pain is real. The hurt is there. The things you don't want to say to a grieving person seem somehow to still pop out of your mouth things like "oh she is in a better place" and stuff like that. Best to be silent and just listen. Be there for comfort and above all don't be afraid to talk about good memories of the deceased. They did exist so don't bury their memory too. 

God has a plan for each of us on this earth. Why are there those who suffer with debilitating diseases and why is not everyone healed? I do not know how to answer that. I just know if you can still shine through your hurt and pain you can be a good example for others who may need comfort. Don't turn your back on God. Run to Him as He does care. After all He gave His only son Jesus in a terrible death on the cross. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus help me to say the right things to those who are suffering the loss of a friend or family member. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

Click on link for a song of comfort:

IN MEMORY OF DYANNE MCCLOSKEY

No comments:

Post a Comment