Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

No More Lassie



I will not set anything worthless before my eyes. I hate the practice of transgression; it will not cling to me. Psalm 101:3

Many people reading this who are younger than baby boomer age or from another country may not understand my title exactly. I am referring to the kinder and gentler 3 channel TV days of family friendly TV on every station. It was a great time to be a kid and grow up. Television taught values and made you laugh at clean things. Today'sTV is far from this wonderful classic television of the 50's and early 60's. One decent show that did teach values was abruptly cancelled recently by ABC.

What my point of this devotion is, is that TV sort of shaped America. Similar to the wonderful aspect of being allowed to pray in school, have the Gideon's come and pass out New Testaments, letting children walk home without fear, now we have a whole new desensitized ball game out there. Call me old fashioned and I say "NO" but call me wanting decency in the minds and hearts of the populace once again. Before we went to bed watching Lassie rescue Timmy from the well, now we watch autopsies and sex scenes and programs trying to reshape minds. 

Satan indeed is prowling around like a roaring lion seeking who he may destroy. He attacks the fabric of the family unit and destroys values and deceived many to become angry and complacent. It is time to kick Satan out of America. Are you with me? 

PRAYER: Oh Lord I love America. Evil and wickedness have slipped in seemingly bit by bit undetected and now rage in the hearts of many inside this great nation who want to see it transformed. Oh Lord restore us to our former day's. Bring revival in the hearts of men. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment