Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Running Off At The Mouth



 Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.  Psalm 141:3

Does your mouth get you in trouble? Most people could honestly say yes or at least there have probably been times when you say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Perhaps you hurt someone and never asked for forgiveness. Maybe you lied about something?Gossiped?  The tongue indeed can cause lots of trouble if not kept in check.

Once something is said it is out there. It could be recorded to haunt you later or in form of a letter, text,  or email. The main thing to remember is to ask God to help you if this is a weak area. Your mom may have told you at one time "If you can't  say something good don't say it at all" and indeed how true that statement is.  James chapter three in the New Testament talks about no man being able to control the tongue. Oh if you and I could just think before we communicate.

Let your yes be yes and your words and thoughts  stay positive. You need right thinking and right thinking is developed by a steady diet of God's word. So what do you say...only good things I hope!

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for your forgiveness and grace cause when I mess up with my mouth I am feeling horrible and I need your help to stay on track. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment