1. If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." Mark 8:38

    Do you ever try to hide the fact you love Jesus? Sort of want to blend in? You disguise yourself like the world so no one knows? What is there to be afraid of? Say you want to pray in a restaurant  but what will people think? The verse for today sort of suggests it should not matter. Are you like a hunter who wants to blend in with woods so you have a better chance at getting that prized deer?

    You are not to be a secret service Christian sort of hiding in the shadows but you need to let that light shine. Not in a bragging self righteous way like you are better than people but so that your faith means something to you. I mean if you chime right along with those in the break room at work laughing at dirty jokes what difference is there. Maybe you gossip about others. How about speeding down the highway all the time with  that 'I Love Jesus' sticker on your car?

    None of us is perfect. You have probably heard the phrase "Christians aren't perfect just forgiven" but don't do things on purpose if you know you are wrong. Be a light in a dark place and be able to help when needed.

    PRAYER: Oh Lord I know sometimes when I am alone I may not be as bold for you as when in a 'Holy huddle'.  Help me never be ashamed. In Jesus' name. Amen.