Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love, Love Me Do



Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

For we baby boomers,  it is super easy to remember lyrics from many popular hit songs of the 60's and 70's. I often think if I had done as well memorizing my school books that I had lyrics to songs I would have been valedictorian. Todays' title are words from an old Beatles hit. Many songs have the lyrics of love in them.

How many of us just want to be loved, needed, felt to be somebody?All of us! No one likes to be lonely. It is okay to get away and be alone and still for awhile but then we all need someone to hang out with. That is the way God designed us I do believe.

You don't need a holiday like Valentines' Day to show love. There are those I know who do not celebrate this holiday as they feel it is forced and fabricated by greeting card companies to make a profit. My younger son used to refer to it as 'singles awareness day'. Love needs to be celebrated every day not just February 14. Take the verse above and really try to live it out in your life with those both easy and difficult to love.

PRAYER: Father in Heaven I am glad you love me unconditionally. Help me to love others unconditionally as well. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment