Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Spirit Of Aloha



"Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked." Luke 6:35

I was blessed by being able to travel on airline employee family member standby status with my pilot son to the Big Island of Hawaii, his Christmas gift to me, not too shabby I would say. It was so refreshing and surreal to be on the island with the active volcanoes. There was a certain attitude and kindness prevalent on the Big Island,  that being kindness to your fellow man. The Spirit of Aloha Hawaiian 🌺 natives  call it.

Why shouldn't I keep the spirit of aloha going on a regular basis whether in Hawaii or in Tennessee? No matter where you go you should be kind, peaceful, loving, friendly, forgiving or in other words have the fruits of the spirit in your life. It sure is easier to be nice than to be ugly. Anger and bitterness do nothing to improve one's life. Being unselfish is such a good attribute to develop. 

You may not feel well or have been the recipient of bad news but do your best with God's help to stay joyful in the midst of the trials that may be swirling out of control in your life.  "Easy for you to say Becky, you don't have cancer or have been laid off of work." Each of us has our journey in life but no matter what do your best to maintain the joy of the Lord through ups and downs. May the spirit of Aloha prevail in your life with God as your source of strength. 

PRAYER: I know being down and out of sorts is a tool the enemy can use to drag me into self pity and depression. I choose to not allow Satan to define my life no matter what is happening. I choose this day to be joyful even if I do not feel like it. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: This message goes along with the sermon I heard at church yesterday. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete