Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, February 24, 2017

Humble, Humble, Humble...Just Be It!



           A man's pride will bring him low, But a humble spirit will obtain honor. Proverbs 29:23
When you do a good deed do you often secretly wish people knew you did it or even go so far as to mention it or are you satisfied with only God knowing it? That is something for everyone to ponder on for a moment. 

The best example of humility of course is Jesus himself. He did not seek fame, fortune, attention, trophies, or a special parking place had there been one back then. He humbled himself and we too need to follow His example. How tempting it is though to shout your good deeds or boast of your talents from the roof top. If you have done it, and I know in the past I have, God forgives you. 

Press on in life knowing who it is you are serving and when you have done something outstanding remember give the the full glory to God! It is refreshing to occasionally see in play programs or a Broadway 'Playbill' where the cast or crew member mentions giving glory to God. Makes me smile big time! Start today practicing being humble. It will make God smile. 

PRAYER: Father I thank you for forgiving me for times I boasted or tried to point out good stuff I had done. Help me always to remember to you be the honor and Glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment