Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Is Your Flesh In The Way?


For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing, for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do, but the evil I will not to do, that I do. -Romans 7:19-20
Our freshly nature has to stay under control. If not, there would be no limits and Satan would have full control of your life. Discipline is required to keep yourself under control. Godly discipline. 
You discipline yourself to not go places that would drag you down or hurt your witness. You discipline yourself to dress a certain way so as not to make the opposite sex lust after your flesh. You discipline yourself to not watch certain movies or TV shows which deep down you know will do nothing to build you up. You discipline your speech as to not curse, gossip, lie. You get the idea right? 
So today be grateful for this body gave you but also remember to keep it under control throughly Godly discipline. 
PRAYER: Father I ask you to give me strength to resist the temptations of the flesh and to live for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment