Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Serving With Your Gift


Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
I was watching American Ninja Warrior recently and one of the competitors had this verse written on his chest. His brother was a leukemia survivor and he was doing this course for him. When you do things do you mainly do them for yourself or are you consciously thinking of how to better someone else's life?
This serving could even be in the form of teaching someone a skill or sport or leisure activity that they do not currently participate in. Sort of like mentoring children at the Boys and Girls Clubs or serving as a Bible study teacher, leader, or Sunday school teacher. Make time to help someone or at least offer your services. Now those of you reading who have small children, your serving is done right there in your home to those precious little ones for now. Plenty of years lie ahead after they leave the nest. You could perhaps get them involved in projects with you serving others. 
Don't  do things just for your own enjoyment but try to think of others. What gifts do you have that you could use to make the world a better place and share Jesus? 
PRAYER: Forgive me if I get self absorbed and don't reach out to help and serve. Show me a need I can meet and help me put myself on hold while I see if there is a way I can be used to make a difference in a life around me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment