Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Off The Grid

“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3

Nowadays there are people who just want some peace and doing things their way. A term I recently heard on a favorite TV show for these people was 'off gridders'. 

I thought I would borrow the term to also say you can be 'off the grid' technologically speaking and experience peace by disconnecting from all of your devices for awhile. In this day and age though almost everything requires a computer connection, but for the sake of your sanity why not give it a try.

Take a device holiday for a while. If you have youngsters in your home who have their own devices too, you are the adult so go ahead and get theirs for this holiday as well. During this time experience the joys of peace and face to face communication. Loving others and showing kindness as Jesus would want us to  without the aide of your mobile device. During this time you might pray,read a book,  talk a walk, read your Bible. Be creative. Use the time to get closer to God. 

PRAYER: Help me Lord as I seek to carve out time where I can put away my phone, tablets, computers, and all else distracting me and spend this time focusing on you and showing love to others. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment