Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Dismount The Superior High Horse

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. Romans 12:3
It is ever so easy to just stay in your comfort zone. When you encounter people who are of a different socioeconomic class than you do you ever start to feel better than them? Maybe you poke fun of a criminal you see on the nightly news. If you do ask God to help you not be puffed up and pray for those people who are probably majorly dysfunctional and hurting a great deal inside. So many have lost hope.
Perhaps you talk bad about people behind their back. Maybe call a person you don't like a derogatory name. The name calling and being on a superior pedestal is just not right for those of us who identify with Christ. What can you do today to change your heart and reach out?  

PRAYER: Forgive me if I have ever harbored wrong thoughts towards people not like me or even people who may have mistreated me. I want to walk in love and I want to be able to be kind to all people. Give me your strength Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words about a very universal mindset. Thank you, Becky.

    ReplyDelete