Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Power Out...No Problem



You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3
Yesterday I had just completed picking up my last item at the Defense Commissary on Redstone Arsenal when the lights went out and everything else electric as well. It was a very busy day and huge lines had formed. Thankfully I only had non perishable dry goods in my small cart. The reactions of many looked perturbed. Why? It is no ones fault. Better to go with the flow. 

No matter if it is a power outage, tailgater, hateful clerk, disrespectful spouse, irritated friend or family member, to keep the peace and maintain joy it is best to just let it go and blow it off. Spouting off only fuels the fire. 

I would not have always been able to do that but you get better the more you practice it. Once again getting mad gives glory to the enemy and not to God. Be cool is a good rule to follow. 

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I have opened my mouth and said things I was sorry for later. Help me learn to have self control in all situations and to be a good example of kingdom living. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. This is something I had to learn. I found I lost energy when I got mad about anything. It didn't help me to be upset about ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete