Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Oh My Mouth


But no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. James 3:8

Is it just me or does anyone else have an occasional problem with speaking before you think? There go the misinterpreted words and then the apologizing begins. Oh if only the tongue could be tamed. 

This area of weakness is exploited by Satan. After all, the enemies job is to "kill, steal, and destroy" it says in John 10:10.  We can beat him at his game but it requires not being impulsive and not everyone has it all together in that category. I know I don't. 

So how do you get control over this area especially if it is a too frequent part of your life. Pray and ask God to help you and then really try to think before you speak. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus it is so hard to try to be perfect in our words. Help me learn to really watch what I say and think before I speak. Help me ask forgiveness to anyone I have hurt with my words either knowingly or unknowingly.In Jesus' name. Amen. 



Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Becky: You are not alone with this issue. I find myself reacting to things said that I find offensive. I believe I am learning to trust God that he hears those words and will take care of the hurt I feel.

    ReplyDelete