Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

So What's Wrong With Blue Nail Polish?



Bless the Lord, O my soul,And forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle. Psalm 103:2-5

I have several readers who like me, are in the mature citizen category. I don't consider myself old and certainly my spouse would tell you I don't always act like it. Many people are under the impression that when you reach a certain magic age the fun and frivolity needs to cease. Why? Those older persons who continue to enjoy fun things and adventures feel younger inside. I tell people I am 62 going on 29.

Last week I was wearing bright yellow nail polish which was a gift from a dear friend for me to use during book signings since lemons are yellow and in fact this is 'the lemonade stand' right? I am not asking men to start polishing their nails but there may be a man or two out there who wants to feel young say riding a motor cycle, trying some new adventure, sky diving. As long as you are deemed medically and physically fit why not? Now wives out there don't get mad at me. 

God made the Earth and all it contains for our enjoyment and for sustenance as well. The Lord wants us to enjoy our life and not be worried the fun has to stop at 40. Stay healthy because, after all, your body is the Temple of The Holy Spirit. Don't be afraid to dance in life and yes ladies even paint your fingernails blue. 

PRAYER:I am so grateful for the gift of life and the gift of this beautiful Earth. You indeed are good. I am thankful for good health as I know many don't enjoy it. Help me use each day to be a shining example for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky; I like the phrase, "Mature citzen catagory." Since my accident last fall, I feel I have to be realistic and claim my age. I have to look at it as a time of wisdom with a lot of memories. Thank you for sharing,

    ReplyDelete