Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 3, 2016

The Fanatic



Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6
Reading the Bible on the steps of the US Capitol, prayer walking, prayer on the Mall in Washington DC, anointing with oil, laying on of hands,and praying in public are all things I have been blessed to do and will continue to do as God gives me the opportunity. I even got assisted once to get up in a tree to see someone pass by at a rally I attended. I felt like Zaccheus. I am not telling you all this in order to puff myself up,but to make the point that there are individuals who can't understand why someone would do any of these things and even those within the Christian Faith who may think we are a bit on the weird or fanatical side. I say, what it wrong with being a fanatic for Jesus?

I thought about titling this devotion the 'Funatic' because of the joy I get in Jesus presence. Not all days are stellar good days. Each of us has our ups and downs in daily life and can't be expected to constantly have a smile on our face but we need to try. I heard someone say once that some believers look like they were baptized in vinegar. 
Being a Christian is more than a Sunday thing for one tiny hour. It should be your entire life. To love the Lord means just that. It does not mean to be in love with a denomination. There are denominations that are hardly recognizable at showing the traits of Jesus. Each of us needs to pray for wisdom and discernment in our walk with the Lord. 

PRAYER: I thank you for the Bible. I thank you for being free to worship you. I thank you for Christian praise and worship music freely on the radio in my country and some others. Help me not hide my joy or enthusiasm but share your love and joy daily. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment