Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

THE MARRIAGE

 
One year ago today, my answers to 28 years of praying came to fruition when our younger son was joined in Holy matrimony to his best friend and soul mate. It was a wonderful Christian wedding and an exciting day for not only them but for family and friends who were in attendance to celebrate with them. Weddings are indeed a time of joy and celebration especially when families like each other and vows are taken seriously. It is an anticipated event joining a man and a woman as one in the eyes of God, even though society may try to redefine it. It is a commitment and a vow not to be entered into flippantly.

With weddings we think of love as well. What better way to celebrate love than when you go to a Christian wedding. At times this is a great time for those already married to think about what marriage really means. It is till death do you part with no escape clauses. I have readers who have been in failed marriages and it is not my intent to guilt you in any way. God can and does forgive and at times the divorce may not have been your fault.
Love indeed is a good thing. 1 Corinthians chapter 13, which I am copying from the NIV in it's entirety, is the definition of love. Read it out loud today whether you are married or single.
'If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in partand we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes,what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.'
Love like this verses says even to your friends. Love like God. God is love. Is there someone you need to show this type of love to today?
PRAYER: Lord I thank you for the gift of love. I know I am to love others with your love. I am not to hate or be ugly but to be an imitation of your love wherever I go. I will seek always to love like you love no matter if others love me back. In Jesus' name. Amen!
Click on link for a song of love.
http://youtu.be/3rPvrXoIVl0

No comments:

Post a Comment