Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 7, 2013

BIG PROBLEMS? BIGGER GOD!




What kind of problems and concerns are weighing on your mind and heart today? Financial troubles? A wayward child? Loss of a job? Potential loss of a job? Betrayal by a friend? Whatever it is my friend know that God is bigger and mightier than Satan and your problems. 

In Psalm 40:11-12(NLT) says ' Do not withhold your mercy from me  Lord;  may your love and faithfulness always protect me. For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, I can not see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.' 
Sometimes a situation may seem so huge you get overwhelmed and start conjuring up things in your mind that may happen. This goes back to the devotion on worry. We can not allow Satan to hold us captive with fear and concerns. Our God is a big God and no problem is too big for Him to handle. You have to believe that. 

James 1:2-3(NIV) reminds us 'Consider it all joy brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.'  All of us could probably use a good dose of persevering. When you go "through" trials you know they will eventually end. 

What is it that is bothering you today? Can you trust God to see you through with only strength He provides? 

PRAYER: Today Lord I choose to let you handle my burdens. I often fear for things that have not even happened. I know when  I do this I enable Satan to capture my thoughts. My choice is to demonstrate your perfect peace in a storm. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment