Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

PEACE FOR THE INTERNET BABIES



Odd title I know, but this is about teaching your future children and grandchildren and school children to learn to 'be still and know that He is God'.(Psalm 46:10). Today's babies being born are in a generation that has never not known electronics and staying connected. Call me old fashioned but there is a time and place to be "wired" and a time and place to be still. In my humble opinion I feel children need to develop a habit of learning how to be quiet and still.

I can recall in 1994 when we got our first PC(personal computer) all the codes you had to type in to get it to turn on. But todays' little ones are being born into a very different world. Not only will they never know what is was like to not have a internet connection but they are bombarded on all sides by an immoral world. The culture is pumping out their garbage on television and through other forms of media. Truly my parents job was much easier as the television was actually moral.

It  is going to be a parents job to guide their little ones in the right way not caving into peer and societal pressure in raising them to be calm, cool, and collected or in other words, peaceful and able to sit still.

There is a verse in Proverbs 29:15(NIV) that says 'A  rod and a reprimand impart wisdom but a child left to his own way disgraces his mother.' Have we not all witnessed out of control children whose parents let them get away with all sorts of things? I recall an incident in the military chapel we attended back in  the early 90's where a little toddler spit on me. Yes you heard me right. You would think of all the people military parents would not allow such a thing. The mother simply said (name changed) "now Rodney stop that" and the child did it again. No intervention by the dad and no swat on the fanny. I was totally dumbfounded. I would hate to see this child today if he went through life without any form of discipline or correction. We are to train children in the way they should go it says in Proverbs 22:6, not the other way around.

So back to the title, these "internet  generation babies" are going to need to be taught right and wrong according to God's word and are going to have to learn that they do not always get their way or they do not always get pacified with an electronic toy. Peace is learned by being still and quiet and getting alone to pray. Some of we adults need to learn that concept as well. It is good for our souls. 

There is a verse in Isaiah 30:15 that says 'in quietness and confidence is our strength'. Is there something you need to be doing to learn to be quiet and to develop this skill in your children?

PRAYER: Father in heaven I thank you today for being able to get alone and pray. I know Satan is out to make me feel like I need noise and distracts me with busyness of life. I choose this day to make time to be still and get alone with you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment