Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

MORNING HEADLINES!!

"Extra, extra, read all about it. Jesus loves you! Jesus can and does forgive! Jesus wipes the sinners slate clean!" You were hoping for something more exciting and national perhaps? Jesus is the BEST news ever! If we read our Bibles before our newspapers each day our life would probably be filled with much more peace.

Jesus and God's word are indeed good news. The Bible is the best thing ever for helping you deal with situations that may come your way. When you make time to read the Bible each day just see if your day isn't better.

When we "know" His good news then we are to go out and spread it around to others. We are like seed planters. In the book of Isaiah 61:1(NIV) we are told that '
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.'
Are you able to help out spreading this good news to others? I once heard someone say we may be the only "Bible" some people may ever "read". Knowing that, what would others learn from you if they "read" you? That is your question to ponder for the day.


The best "news" ever is found in John 3:16(NIV) which most people are probably familiar with even if they know no other scripture verse. It says 'For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but will have eternal life.'

Now that is the best headline ever wouldn't you say?

PRAYER: Today Lord I thank you for the "good news" found not in the newspaper but in the word of God. Forgive me when I have neglected it. I know I can not have victory in life without you by my side. In Jesus' name. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment