Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

YOUR UNIFORM


Many jobs, to include those done by volunteers, require a person to wear a uniform while performing their duties. When you wear it you represent the company or organization represented by it.

I have worn several uniforms in my life such as Girl Scouts, High School Marching Band, Red Cross Volunteer, Hallmark Employee, Armed Forces, Historical Re enactor, and Airline Employee to name a few. Each time you put on that uniform you are representing the company you work for and hopefully in an outstanding way!

As a believer some like to wear crosses around their necks or maybe a Christian tee shirt. If you do this are you a good example for Christ as others see that you identify with Him. Even if we do not wear an outward symbol of our love for Jesus we still need to remember that we represent Him wherever we go. He lives inside of you if you asked Him into your heart. Are the things you say and do a good reflection on the body of Christ or do you bring shame to Him? Something to think about. Does the lifestyle you lead bring glory and honor to His name or do you need to turn from something holding you back?


1 Peter 1:16(NIV) reminds us 'Be holy as I am Holy.' Are you living a Holy life set apart for Christ or is something in your life holding you back from fully embracing a life devoted to Christ? Just remember if you name the name of Jesus you represent Him wherever you go. Are you representing Him well or turning others away from Him?
2 Corinthians 5:29(NIV) says 'We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.' What is it that is keeping you from representing Jesus in a great way?


PRAYER: Today Lord I choose to lift your name up by my actions wherever I go. You know the struggles I have Lord and I ask you to help me defeat any strongholds in my life the enemy has set up to bring me down. I resist Satan as I a a child of God. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment