Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

MILESTONES IN LIFE


Life is a celebration! Birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, and other various accomplishments. Today for me marks my 1000th writing of God's Lemonade Stand and I could not have kept going without both the grace of God and encouragement from my friends and readers. I indeed am grateful! Milestones of all sorts are very special!

God gives you the staying power to complete a task whether it is the loss of weight, running a race, finishing a project, celebrating another year of marriage, or working for years to be able to maybe retire and take on something else waiting to be done.

As a runner I used to keep track of my miles both when I was in the Army and as a civilian. After a certain mileage I would get a reward of sorts to keep me plugging in on the task of staying fit. The local YMCA gave me a "run for your life" tee shirt after reaching my milestone of the initial 50 miles. In the US Army there was a voluntary running program where I received certificates when reaching 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 and so on. It was fun to set a goal and get rewarded.

What are you striving for in life? Is God part of the equation to help you get there? Maybe it is even being faithful to read your Bible and try to get entirely through it or maybe to set the goal of a daily quiet time.

Let me leave you with a couple verses to encourage you on your journey no matter what it is!

Isaiah 40:31(KJV) 'Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.'

Hebrews 12:1-2(NIV)'Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverancethe race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.'

Go for your goal today!! Give God the glory!

PRAYER: Father thank you for helping me persevere through tasks in life. It is with your strength I can get through things. I need not compare myself with others for your have a special purpose and goal for me. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click link and praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment