Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

WORRIER OR WARRIOR?


Worry is a bad disease. It is a compulsion. Are there things you can not get out of your mind? The enemy of our souls, Satan, loves worriers. If he can get you to not trust God and to doubt that your prayers are heard then he has  you in his clutches. I must admit I say I do not worry, and that is true in many cases,  but then I start obsessing over what I did or said to so and so, therefore I am doing what? Worrying!

The best way to not worry is to stay in a attitude of prayer and praise. Get your mind under spiritual discipline. Do not start dwelling on bad stuff and "what if's" as it will make you go nutty. Purpose in your heart that you will pray then let go and let God take control. Things in life will happen. Trials and tests will come. It is how we respond to these that counts. Worrying does not change anything but it just gets you fixated on something you can do nothing about.

Matthew 6:26(NIV) says 'Look at the birds of the air. They do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than them?' the answer is "yes". Verse 27 of that same chapter goes on to say 'Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to his life?'  So why do we do it? 

You have to discipline your thought life. The way to do that is to make prayer and Bible reading a daily HABIT.  Getting your mind set on the word of God sets it on heavenly things. 2 Corinthians5:10(NASB) says 'We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Picture that if you will! Every thought captive for Christ. Renewing your mind daily on the word and giving your "issues" over to God our burden bearer. 

What is it you are worrying about right now? Are you able to start being a daily prayer warrior and let Jesus give you peace?

PRAYER: Today Lord I choose to be at peace. Forgive me for wrong thinking. Forgive me for not meditating on your word when I start to get caught up in worry. I trust you Lord with me and my loved ones. Thank you for hearing my prayers. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment