Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

THE FLY AWAKENED ME

Have you heard of people getting messages from God in dreams or other ways? Well a couple weeks ago a common housefly woke me up by continually landing on my face. It was very annoying. After this happened numerous times and many failed attempts to fall back to sleep, a Bible verse came to me about overcoming evil and good and evil being in the world. I can not recall the exact verse, but it prompted me to write on good and evil as when I finally got up I was thinking "overcome evil with good." I can not recall ever waking up to a Bible verse like that before. It indeed was rather bizarre.
So I can thank that annoying house fly for giving me an idea. The housefly itself reminded me of the pesky annoyance of bad junk in our lives. It kind of reminds me of Hebrews 12:1(NIV) which says '
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.' Some versions use the word "beset" in place of entangle, but that word "entangle" really is a word picture. A person can get all tangled up in sin until they are trapped. Think of being in a jungle or in a bunch of weeds and with no clear path how easy it would be to get stuck or "entangled" in a the underbrush.

I have prayed the prayer before that Jesus would help "detangle" a situation someone was in as only Jesus can, and I have seen Him do it. I believe is was my friend Stephanie who I first heard coin this creative word. Jesus can indeed "detangle" a person from a trap that the enemy has laid for them.


Do you need a fly to wake you up to give you a reminder about something? Can you recognize and run away from evil or sin that has kept you "tangled" up? Turn to God. He is the great "detangler" and indeed can help you run your race to win.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I know the enemy sets traps he wants me to fall into it. I will keep my eyes on you so I am not tripped up. Keep my eyes wide own to the schemes of the evil one as I focus only on you. In Jesus' name. Amen.



Click on link for awesome song of praise:

http://youtu.be/BJ4jOX6f_1s

1 comment:

  1. Good thought. I have hymns that replay themselves in my mind from time to time. An some scriptures.

    ReplyDelete