Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

SAFE FROM DANGER

 
Do you and can you really trust God to take care of you and your family? Prayers are said so it is at that point we need to let go and let faith kick in. Our arch enemy, Satan, loves to torment us with concern, fretting, fear, and worry. Do not allow him to steal your peace and faith in God. He is not worth the extra gray hairs.
There may be some readers who do not hear much about the concept of "spiritual warfare" but we indeed are in a battle of good and evil, right and wrong, and for our very souls. Scripture and prayer are powerful tools we have to use against Satan. Remember in John 10:10(NIV) we are told 'The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that you might have life and have it more abundantly.'
Deception is rampant in our world today. Modern culture is even entrapping well meaning believers who are being captivated and deceived by him. Do not let it happen! Use the word of God as your greatest tool to stop him in his tracks! Tell him to get his stinking little hands off you and your family and be sure to say, "In Jesus name" as there is power in that name.
I thought today I would go over Psalm 91 as a way to sear it in your brain to recall when you tend to want to start fearing. The author of fear is not God. It is one of Satan's tools to try to defeat us. We have victory in Jesus Christ so remind Satan of that when he starts to come against you. Perhaps you need to maybe read it out loud and personalize it with a name to make it hit home.
Here goes!
'Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the cobra you will trample the great lion and the serpent." Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him, I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him my salvation.'

Try to recite those verses out loud and see if you don't feel a stronger faith inside of you.
PRAYER: Today Lord I choose to know and believe you are my strength and I have no reason to fear. I trust in you Lord and I have power because of you to defeat the enemy. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click on link below for a powerful song of praise and worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment