Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

DISCIPLINED?


Discipline and self control are two things that go hand in hand. You need discipline in many  areas of your life.

Let's say you are a student, you would need to discipline yourself to study. If you are trying to lose weight you need discipline to eat right and get to the gym. If you are addicted to something you need discipline to overcome the addiction. Young adults starting out on their own need to have financial discipline to build up a savings account for emergencies and their future. When you are angry or upset you have to use discipline and self control to not spout off and start a fight.  These are  just a few examples.

Where in your life do you need to improve your discipline? The United States military is a great place to learn discipline. Some of my military readers  know the rigors of training and things they just do not tolerate in the armed forces. You have to be disciplined in order to be effective in war time.

Are you disciplined in your spiritual life? Do you regularly spend time with God reading His word and praying? Why is it many feel Sunday,for one hour, is quite enough? How can we grow to be more like Christ if we are not practicing His presence in all areas of life?

1 Timothy 4:8(NIV) says 'For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life that is to come.'

Does Jesus have first place in your life? If not what do you need to do to get disciplined for a godly life?

PRAYER: Today Lord I will ignore the devils' attempts to get me to busy or distracted to spend time with you. Help me Lord discipline myself to re- do my daily schedule to make sure I give you quality time. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. From time to time, I have to miss church. Yesterday was one of those times. I have to maintain my personal devotions and Bible reading in order to stay close to God. I need to practice discipline in this area. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete