Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 28, 2013

ARE YOU PASSIONATE FOR THE THINGS OF CHRIST?


There are many attacks of the things of the Lord these days. These are areas where it clearly states in the Holy Bible they are wrong or an abomination. Yet are we believers upset or do we simply say "God is in control" and go about our daily life? It is my humble opinion that we should be a little upset at Satan for making so many believers complacent about sin takingaz over and changing our wonderful country. "Well this is 2013 and things change" but guess what? God's word never changes. Hebrews 13:8(NIV) says 'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, yes, and forever.' In Malachi 3:6 it says 'I am the Lord, I do not change.' Pretty clear wouldn't you say?
We are truly in a battle for our very souls and the soul of what used to be a God fearing nation. Do we, who know what is wrong, just sit on the sidelines? Of course all of us need to be in prayer. And we are not to hate people who are being led to believe Satan's lies. History shows clearly what happens when a nation forgets God. Think of the Roman Empire for instance. How about Sodom and Gomorrah?

Psalm 119:89 tells us 'Forever oh Lord your word is settled in heaven.' Deuteronomy 12:32(NLT) tells us 'so be careful to obey all the commands I give you.Be careful not to add anything to them or subtract anything from them.'

Are churches preaching "feel good sermons" or are they out there on the battle lines equipping their people with the truth found in God's word?

God can heal. God can change. God can deliver. God can set the captive free. What are we captivated by today in 2013? Even in government we are condoning sin and passing laws to protect it. It indeed is a sad time. But there is hope.

First believers need to be in an attitude of love and prayer. Next don't just give Jesus lip service but get excited about following him. In Revelation 3:16(NIV) it says 'And because you are lukewarm, I will spit you out of my mouth.' It is not too late. 2 Chronicles 7:14(NIV) reminds us 'if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.' Think about what that verse really truly means.

Don't be so captivated by the things of this world that you lose your passion for truth and the Lord.

PRAYER: Dear Jesus I thank you today for another day you have given me to be on the battle lines for you. Every where I go I know there are hurting people. Help me be tuned in to ways I can share Jesus' love and truth in the world I live in. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment