Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

YOUR NAME ON THE DOOR







What is it you do in life? This is often a question people ask when they meet someone. Seems like status of a great job or a title is where many get their worth. If your answer is "Oh I am just a stay home mom" stop putting yourself down. That job is better than any fancy gold name plate on a office door anytime. That job holds the future for little ones being raised by godly parents. As I used to say "I am raising leaders for the future" and indeed you are!  Now my answer is "I write" and often I feel bad that it is not a big title but in the big scheme of things I am okay with it now. What you do for the kingdom of God will last whether it is raising children to serve the Lord or being a good witness for Christ in the workplace.  


Many people do all they can to get "to the top" as it has prestige and offers many perks. If you are in a career field with prestige first of all be thankful as God has given you the abilities to study hard and get to the top. If you are not in a job like this do not be jealous of those who are. Be thankful and happy just where God has placed you in life. If your job is what the world says is worthy of a "gold name plate" on the door be humble. Do not think of yourself as better.

Matthew 23:12(NIV) says 'For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.'  If you are blessed to be "at the top" just remember how you got there. If you have not do not be jealous of those who have.

Philippians 2:3-4(NIV) says 'Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.'  Romans 12:15(NIV) says 'Rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn'. 

Remember our purpose as Christians here on this earth is to humbly serve him and reach others for Christ. Let me leave you with your Christian job description found in Colossians 3:23(NIV) which says 'Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.' Now go serve Him whether you have a name on your door or not!

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for where you have me in my life. I thank you and am content just where I am. Forgive me if I have ever been jealous of others or ever been discontent. I know you have a plan for my life. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment