Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

THE WRONG DIRECTION


Which way in life are you headed? Do you know for a fact if you were hit by a semi and killed today or died of a heart attack or something else tragic like that that you would be in heaven? How do you know? Because you were baptized as a baby? Because you joined a church? Because you are a member of a certain exclusive denomination? Because you attended Vacation Bible School?
The direction in life to go is to follow Jesus. He did not make up a bunch of man made rules of do's and don'ts to keep you out of his kingdom although some churches make you feel that way.The main thing is have you asked him to be Lord of your life? Have you? You should want to be baptized as an outward sign of an inward change but it is not what saves you alone.

Several years ago a lady at a particular church we attended at the time which believed in infant baptism asked me if I knew if a little 2 year old that had died had been baptized. I had met the child and his mom once at a birthday party. They were both tragically murdered. Anyway I told her "no" as the family attended a church where babies were dedicated. She then said "oh that is so sad" and I politely said " God does not send babies to hell". Let's say you are at a Billy Graham crusade and walked forward to give your life to Christ at the altar call at the end of his message. There is no baptismal pool there at the crusade. Then let's say you are killed on the way home before having a chance to follow your decision by being baptized. God isn't going to say "Sorry. Can't come in my kingdom. You forgot to be baptized."

The way to heaven is to live for Jesus and to ask him to be Lord of your life. Once you do this you should hunger and thirst for knowing Him better. This does not mean magically everything in life is going to be okay because struggles and heartaches are part of life. But it does mean you will be able to go through things with a better attitude.

John 14:6 says "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 10:9 says "I am the gate, whoever enters in through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture." John 11:25 says "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me shall live even though he dies." Matthew 7:7 says "Ask and it will be given to you. seek and you shall find. Knock and the door will be opened unto you." Romans 10:13 says "Call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." Revelation 3:20 says " Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears the door and answers, I will come in to him..." Romans 10:9 says "Then if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart, you will be saved."

There you have it. Pretty simple. Not meaning to step on any denominations rules but all we have to do is say "Lord Jesus I am a sinner. I want to be saved. Come into my heart today and change me Lord. Thank you for hearing my prayer."

So what direction in life are you headed? Did you take a wrong turn or detour somewhere and need to get back on the right road leading to Jesus? He is  waiting to let you back in you have left Him or if you are unsure you were saved in the first place. Why not do it today?

Let me leave you with one final verse which is 2 Corinthians 5:17 and it simply says "Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation. The old is gone,the new has come!"

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I thank you for the free gift of salvation. I thank you Lord that I can come to you and cry out and you hear me. I want to always go in the right direction. Lead me Lord and help me avoid pitfalls that will take me away from you. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment