Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

PRAISE THEN CRITICIZE??



Are you guilty of going to church and worshipping God and praising him in song then when you get out of church you return to your 'old self' that of maybe gossiping, backbiting others, being critical, or judging? Did the message you heard in church even sink in or were you simply there doing your 'duty' to God to keep one of the Ten Commandments?

 Going to church should help transform you but if you are simply there out of some duty or because it was what your mom and dad taught you to do then what good is it really? Perhaps it is time to get serious about loving Jesus with all your heart. The Bible says in Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." When you love the Lord you love people too. Think about that.

If you name the name of Jesus you should not hide your light and you should not just go to church but get to know Jesus. Spend time with him daily. Pray, read the Bible, perhaps even find a Bible study during the week to attend. If you are going there should be a change in your life. Don't walk outside on Sunday after church and put back on your old ragged stained garments of sin but look up and rejoice. Get to know what Christian love is and try to shine for Jesus every day everywhere you are. If you have wronged someone go ask forgiveness.

Above all let what comes out of your mouth reflect the goodness and glory of the Lord. Hate, criticism and gossip do not fall into that category.

 Psalm 19:14 says "let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord my strength and my redeemer."

PRAYER: Lord I thank you that I get to go to church. There are no armed guards saying we cannot go in and no one has confiscated my Bible. Forgive me Lord if I have ever been guilty of acting holy in church then like a 'little devil' the rest of the week. I represent you and I want to do it well. In Jesus name.Amen!
 Click on link for awesome song of praise.
http://youtu.be/qaHmiFaX_pk

No comments:

Post a Comment